A great opportunity for businesses in and around Weybridge to compete with each other in a new way and support the local community.
The regatta is organised by Weybridge Rowing Club, along the beautiful River Thames. The Regatta has been created as a community initiative to give local businesses an opportunity to meet, network and compete in a sporting environment.
A full fun day
- We kick off with breakfast and welcome at the Holiday Inn, Shepperton.
- Then down at the river, every team does a 500m time trial in the Desborough Cut and a 2k ergo relay (500m each).
- Lunch is provided and there is plenty of time to network and to make useful links and friends with other local businesses.
- In the afternoon, we will run a side-by-side regatta, again 500m. Depending on the entries we may have events for single sex and mixed teams.
- The day will end with prize giving and dinner in the marquee by the river around 5pm.
- Medals are being specially designed for the occasion and will surely become collectors’ items!
- Before the day – two-hour training sessions available to each team, and at least one session is mandatory for each participant. Make it social have a well earned drink afterwards with your team mates.
I can’t row?
Can’t row yet? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. We’re encouraging the inexperienced to give it a go. Expert training will be provided. For the more experienced rowers, this will be an opportunity to learn together with work colleagues and compete with rival businesses.
Places are limited to 24 boats so enter your crew of four today.
Every crew is guaranteed at least two races and will also compete in a 2km indoor relay race
Weybridge Rowing Club will provide training on land and on the water to make sure all crews are safe on the day. There are up to four hours of training, provided in two, two-hour sessions available to each team, and at least one session is mandatory for each participant.
Presentation of prizes
Prizes will be presented and dinner served at 5pm in the Regatta Marquee.
How to enter
Each team consists of four crew members, and businesses may enter as many teams as they wish. The entry fee is £500 per team, which includes training, a British Rowing qualified cox for the regatta plus breakfast and lunch and dinner on the day. The remaining proceeds will go to Weybridge Rowing Club.